Cognitive Hypnotherapy Course Q29

Discussion in 'Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy' started by hughosborne, Jan 11, 2011.

1. hughosborne

hughosborne Active Questie

Where do I begin? Well I guess the beginning would be a good place to start :)

When I found the Quest website I'd already been in practice as a hypnotherapist for 3 years. I'd done a fair amount of training and projected an image of confident expertise. However, the truth was I was not an expert and I wasn't confident either. I had a big bag of tricks but I had no idea how to apply them with any real success as a therapist. I was frustrated with my shortcomings and was beginning to consider cutting my losses and choosing another career. Then I read the quest website.... It was as if my prayers had been answered. I quickly realised that Trevor had a vision for therapy that matched my own and I called to arranged an interview.

The interview went really well. I trusted Trevor and Bex immediately and the next day I signed up. The course began and I whilst I really enjoyed it I quickly realised how little I actually knew about being a therapist. Modules 1-5 were very humbling in that I had to face the self doubt that had being there all along. Trevor was very supportive during this time and offered me useful feedback on how to overcome the obstacles I was facing. He was always available to answer any questions I had and I felt nurtured and guided by him. It was the first time I'd met a trainer who I felt genuinely cared about me reaching my potential, and who could actually see me deeper than I could see myself. Although this was scary, I trusted him and in that trust I was able to stay in growth even though what I was experiencing seemed more like a deconstruction.

If module 1-5 was a humbling deconstruction, module 6-10 were all about rebuilding on a grounded self esteem. I'd been to a couple of Questie meetings in London and had really enjoyed what other Questies had shared. I began to think about what I could offer to the meetings and, although the thought of presenting scared the crap out of me, I wrote an email to Trevor and offered to do a presentation. I had no idea that he would actually take me literally and for that reason was surprised when he asked me to do it. I ended up doing two presentations in London and Slough and although I was really nervous, I found the experience very empowering. At this point I realised just how supportive the quest family really is and I made a conscious decision to really embrace being a Questie.

To me being a Questie means to stay open to new learning and growth. To give the gifts that you have and to recieve the gifts of others. To live life as an example of what's really possible, as Mahatma Gandhi said "be the change you want to see in the world". Trevor and Bex are wonderful examples of this possibility.

Other than embracing life as a Questie, I think one of the most valuable thing I've taken from this last 10 months is that I've learned how to be a therapist. I still have my tool box, but I know how to use it now and I am so excited about putting it all into practice. The support network that's inplace here is really above and beyond anything I could have wished for and I know I have all the support available to succeed as a therapist and fulfil my potential, in whatever form that takes.

The course itself is wonderful. It's clearly structured, well paced, and has an excellent balance of theory and practical. The pacing is such that I seemed to absorb the material without conscious effort and the fact that I would just find myself doing cognitive hyonotherapy, was a constant surprise to me. Don't get me wrong, if you do this course fully and do your HPD then it's a lot of work. But it's paced in a way that makes it seem a smooth transition, and there is always plenty of support available when it seems otherwise.

For those who are seeking a career in hypnotherapy I say go for it, this is the best training you can get (in my opinion). To those who are already practicing, but feel in need of extra training, I also say go for it. This course will give you the skills you need to become better at what you do.

In summing up.... Well how do I sum up. There is a debt of gratitude here (and it's a wonderful debt) that calls to be paid. This review is a very small part of that payment. The rest will be paid by giving back to a group of people who have given (and continue to give) me so much, and by fulfilling my own potential as a cognitive hypnotherapist. I'm excited to see how it unfolds.