Thoroughly recommend, not just for therapists

Discussion in 'Cognitive Hypnotherapy: What's That About and How ' started by russelldavis, Jan 10, 2011.

1. russelldavis

russelldavis Well-Known Questie

I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone wanting to understand how we make sense of the (our) world, why we do what we do, why we don't do what we want to do and what we can do about it. It is also invaluable for therapists wanting to brig a new dimension and further success to their practice. The book is in two parts, the first is the science and theory behind the practical applications outlined in the second part. You could just jump to the second part if you are not interested in the theory but it fascinated me. I found Trevor Silvester's style very easy to read. His attention to detail, personal examples, stories and most of all his humour meant I couldn't put it down.

You also get a lot for your money. A larger size book than most, and deeper with 290 pages full of 'aha' moments.

I nearly didn't give it 5 stars, for two reasons:
    1. The cover seems not to be substantial enough to cope with the battering it is going to get as I keep picking it up and diving in for more and referring back to bits.
    2. I wish Mr Silvester had written this 20 years ago and I had come across it then!!! Actually having just typed that I have had a realisation that I wasn't ready for it then, and that things come in to your life when you are ready for them. You might find yourself thinking you are ready for this - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.